[StBernard] Governor appoints Head of Louisiana State Police

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 13 20:30:13 EDT 2007

Governor appoints Head of Louisiana State Police
Stanley Griffin to take the reigns

Baton Rouge - Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco today appointed Stanley Griffin as the Deputy Secretary of the Department of Public Safety and Corrections and Superintendent of the Office of State Police.

"I am pleased that Stanley has agreed to serve as the new Colonel of State Police. As Col. Whitehorn's chief of staff, he has the knowledge and commitment to run the organization. He has my full support as he takes the reigns," Gov. Blanco said

Griffin has twenty nine years of law enforcement experience. He has been with Louisiana State Police for twenty six years serving in highway patrol, video gaming, narcotics and administration. He began his law enforcement career with the Baton Rouge City Police in 1978.

"I would like to thank Gov. Blanco for this appointment. I am honored to receive her confidence and approval. I pledge, under my leadership, that Louisiana State Police will continue our proud tradition of protecting and serving the citizens of our great state," Col. Griffin stated.

Griffin is a member of the FBI National Academy Associates and the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE).

He replaces outgoing Col. Henry Whitehorn who is scheduled to leave his current post with State Police on July 20th.

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People