[StBernard] New HBO documentary of the atomic bomb drops on Japan

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 14 23:00:09 EDT 2007

Jer,

All I'm saying is terms like "moral justification" or "just cause" are all
nothing more than a matter of personal opinion. Who is to say what is the
"objective" rational for doing anything? President Bush gave his reasons
for going into Iraq. His reasons appeared to have "justification" behind
it. Yet, many disagreed with him. Who is to say he reasons or
justification was right or the opposing opinion is right?

I perfectly understand what you are saying, but I'm telling you there is no
absolute answer. Sure, we the majority can vote out of office anyone we
disagree with it, but in doing so does that mean we the voters are right?
Too often, "we the people" are wrong because we are easily mislead by others
(media, etc.). It's all a crap shoot. All we can do is trust our leaders
to try and make the best decisions - morally based or otherwise - and hope
it works out for the best. A Republic was never intended to guarentee
anything more than that.

John