[StBernard] Jindal says Craig should resign but not Vitter?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 2 18:02:32 EDT 2007

Jim,

You're right, there's always a political motivation behind everything.
True, both can be called hypocrites, but even with that there's different
degrees of hypocricy. When the story broke on Vitter one of the first
thoughts that occurred to me was "gee, too bad this didn't happen to Vitter
in Neveda." Ahhhh, would that have made things different? There would have
been no legal implications had Vitter's action taken place in Vegas or Reno.
Sure, you still could have called him a hypocrite, but no legal violation
would have been committed. So, is Vitter most guilty of having a bad sense
of location and geography?

My point is there are different levels of severity to crimes committed - and
that's why people don't always look down on some acts as much as others.
That's why I brought up my Catholic history of the priest teaching me there
were "little" sins compared to "big" sins. Thus, that's why we're able to
forgive some acts and not others.

- John Scurich