[StBernard] Governor Blanco's public schedule for September 17--0

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 17 22:15:05 EDT 2007

MEDIA ADVISORY: Governor Blanco's public schedule for September 17-20; Governor to lead economic development mission to Spain

BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco begins a four-day economic development mission in Spain Monday, along with Louisiana Economic Development Secretary Michael Olivier. The two will lead a team through a series of meetings and seminars in Madrid, where they hope to recruit more investments in Louisiana.

"Historically, Louisiana has served as the gateway to the Americas for commerce and trade. We recognize that Spain is a major player in business in the Americas, and we are here exploring the opportunities that exist between Louisiana and Spain, especially given their heavy involvement in Latin America. We will call on companies already looking at Louisiana for possible investments, and are targeting others who may have an interest as well. Of course, in all of our travels, we continue to tell Louisiana's recovery story and encourage folks around the globe to visit and join in our progress."

Over the course of the mission, Gov. Blanco and Sec. ! Olivier will meet with US Ambassador Eduardo Aguirre, an LSU graduate with New Orleans ties whose portfolio includes commercial development between Spain and the US. They will also meet with a number of business executives, along with Spanish commerce and tourism officials.

*Note: The Governor and Sec. Olivier will host a conference call with members of the working media to report on the progress of the mission, details to follow from the Governor's Press Office.

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org