[StBernard] Gov. Blanco Appoints Mumphrey To Board

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 29 10:05:48 EDT 2007

Gov. Blanco Appoints Mumphrey To Board

New Orleans-Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco appointed J. Wayne Mumphrey
to the Board for a five-year term, succeeding Sen. Samuel Nunez as the St.
Bernard Parish member on the regional Board, which governs Port operations
in Orleans, Jefferson and St. Bernard parishes.

A native of St. Bernard Parish, Mumphrey earned his law degree from Loyola
University in 1971 and established his law practice that same year.
Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Mumphrey divided his time between his law
practice and insurance and construction endeavors. Today, Mumphrey Law Firm
LLC employs 20 people and has offices in Chalmette, Slidell and New Orleans.

"My mission on the Board is to see to it that the greatest Port in the
United States is properly funded," Mumphrey said. "I look forward to working
to grow the most significant economic engine of this state."

Port President and CEO Gary LaGrange welcomed Mumphrey to the Board and
lauded his selection.

"I feel confident Mr. Mumphrey will be a strong voice for the Port of New
Orleans," LaGrange said. "I look forward to working with him as a
commissioner and believe he will be an asset to the entire Port community."

In 1999, the Louisiana Supreme Court appointed Mumphrey to fill a temporary
vacancy as District Judge in the 34th JDC.

Mumphrey's law practice focuses on civil litigation and the resolution of
complex legal disputes. He is admitted to practice before all Louisiana
courts, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District, U.S. Fifth Circuit
Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Claims in Washington, D.C.

Mumphrey is a member of the American Association for Justice, Louisiana
Association of Justice, Louisiana State Bar Association and the 34th JDC Bar
Association.

An avid outdoorsman, Mumphrey is a supporter of numerous charitable
organizations and recreational clubs, such as the New Orleans Big Game
Fishing Club, North American Hunting Club, Recreational Fishing Alliance,
World Billfish Series, and the National Rifle Association.

Mumphrey and his wife, Victoria, have three children, Claude, Wayne and
Sarah, all of whom practice law with the family firm.