[StBernard] Governor Blanco issues statement on the death of Sheriff Harry Lee

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 2 18:00:40 EDT 2007

St. Bernard would have truly be blessed to have such a man. Unfortunately,
it never has nor will be so. I had huge respect for a gentleman that took no
shi%, stood up for his beliefs and took New Orleans transits this past 30
years and did what no one could do, shake the shingles and come out a hero
to those who knew him or knew of him. What St. Bernard has is a bar-owner
(French Quarter Jean Lafitte Blacksmith--Hmm, wondering if his residency is
at the bar <G>)and many of us can't prove his reputation in peril, (unless
the Feds move in to do so) because he's crafty.

If the Sheriff's office needs money to clean up its act, we hope it's soon.
Many people are fearful for their lives, property and liberties.

It's almost as though many who have made their return wish it so, or are yet
determining their plans with either improvement with Mr. Stephens returning
or a replacement of new blood and endless energy.

Again, God bless Mr. Lee. Perhaps he's helping the Lord enforce the
knuckleheads which still near a gathering of grace in Heaven/Purgatory.
<G>>?

--jer--

Governor Blanco issues statement on the death of Sheriff Harry Lee

BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco has released the following
statement:

"Raymond and I extend our deepest condolences this morning to Sheriff Harry
Lee's wife and family and to the people of Jefferson Parish. As a law
enforcement professional and as a fixture of Louisiana politics, Harry Lee
was one of a kind. It is sad that Louisiana has lost such an extraordinary
and colorful leader."

###