[StBernard] Cab driver beaten by St. Bernard man, cops say

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 14 21:12:47 EST 2008

Hey Jer, Heights Dr. is in the St. Bernard community below Poydras in the
lower end of the parish. It has always been an eyesore and full of addicts
and lowlife. Of course, there were some very good people who lived there
but it wasn't easy. But, I have over the years come to the realization that

no matter where you choose to reside, it's the general attitude of the
people in that particular area that you either overcome or you leave. It is

sad that more times than not, people have been the equating factor in where
one chooses to live and to bring up their loved little ones and to subject
themselves to the same closed mindedness that we have strived to overcome.
Personally, I feel that the best years of my childhood and young adulthood
was spent in Poydras, and Chalmette, especially on Blanchard Dr. and
Plantation Village. Of course, this is just my opinion and we all know that

I could be wrong? Have a blessed day. B. L.