[StBernard] ban cheap goods made in China

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 12 13:02:45 EDT 2008

When I saw the link on that John, I saw on the dateline that it was a few
years old. Don't know for sure if China has increased holdings of U.S.
paper or not.

>That's why we also need to develop "nationalism" economic laws like

>those that exist in Japan

I agree we need to do something, at least to make it less attractive for
companies to move their ops offshore, or at least to provide incentives for
them to keep manufacturing jobs here.

For instance, I had plans to put in all Maytag appliances in the house when
the Road Home crap is settled. We had a Maytag washer/dryer and fridge.
They were good ones. However, Maytag shut down its plant in IL and moved
production to Mexico costing American workers to lose jobs. I no longer
want Maytag appliances and can only hope I can find some still made in
America. I know they won't be Whirlpool because Whirlpool bought out
Maytag. I know I'm going to sound like an idiot when I go to Sears/A-1 or
wherever and ask "Is this washer/dryer/fridge/dishwasher/freezer make in the
U.S.?" I only hope I can find some made here.

Jim