[StBernard] Memory test: Why did the U.S. go into Iraq?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 14 16:24:19 EDT 2008

Let's to a little test and see how good our memories are. There's so much
talk about why the U.S. invaded Iraq and if we should or shouldn't have, but
does anybody really remember why we did? I'm not looking for general
"triggered" the United States into responding with an invasion of Iraq?

To listen to countless media, journalists and authors you would think it's
obvious. However, most of "their" response is based on a "let's bash George
W. Bush" bias. Again, I'm not referring so much to general reasons why we
went in, I mean what was the straw that broke the camel's back?

I remember, but I wonder how many others do? It's one of my sensitive
subjects that really pisses me off when I listen to these idiots out there
bash President Bush but can't even remember recent history - or maybe they
do but hope nobody else does. So, I decided to do an extensive google
research on this topic. After several hours of reading from one internet
article to the next, from one blog or chat room to the next, I finally came
across one person in Yahoo Answers who remembers history correctly.

So, I ask again...do you remember what promped the United States to invade
Iraq?

(I'm not looking to embarrass anyone here...this is just a curiosty I have
to see if what we remember is based on each person remembering what actually
happened or simply accepting whatever the media tells us what happened.)

Thanks,

John Scurich

P.S. Helpful hint: even Wikipedia's many explanations on the War on Iraq
fail to mention the correct answer.