[StBernard] SDT non-processing waste transfer site

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 21 10:21:55 EDT 2008

Syl, this is off the top of my head but:

Can the parish get a listing of who has power in those apts and in whose
name? That way the trash can could be delivered to the renter. I'm trying
to think of some suggestions here. Of course FEMA won't tell the parish who
is living in what domiciles probably since it would violate their privacy...
(rolling eyes here)

And I don't guess there's any way to force the FL contractors to reveal the
renters' names.

JY

'Lets hope this project is approached nonpolitically and that at the
very
least the
newly assessed $20 a month garbage fee could be cancelled. '

I would like to know who (if anyone) is going
to pay the $20.00 for renters
living in FEMA paid housing (owned by Florida contractors) who do
not have a
garbage can & still have their plastic bagged garbage picked up ?
They are
not registered as having a can, so how will SDT know to bill them ?
On a
related note, SDT is not supposed to be picking up garbage not in
cans since
they get paid by the amount of cans that are picked up. BUT if they
don't
pick it up, the cats, rats and dogs are getting in it, ripping the
bags open
& spreading it all over the neighborhood. All the neighbors have
called
about this disgusting situation, but it seems as if nothing can be
done. If
any of the returning original home oners wouldn't have a garbage
can, I bet
our garbage wouldn't be picked up.

Syl