[StBernard] Truth behind Congress rejecting bail-out

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 30 08:59:46 EDT 2008

I ditto your remarks Westley.

I found this youtube video. It is a bit hard to fully understand the man
because of his thick accent, but it is very interesting. My radar went up
immediately when Paulsen started claiming it had to be passed immediately
and rushed through before the weekend. He sounded like a slick salesman
trying to convince me that I would miss out on the best deal of my life
before I find out that what he is selling me is really worthless.

This man is echoing my thoughts. There's something afoot and it smells real
bad for the American People.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1P-8ImanV4

MGS

John,

To add a bit of local commentary to this (followed by my own
thoughts on the
whole mess), the only two members of the Louisiana delegation to
vote in favor
of this bill will NOT be on the ballot this year.

Jim McCrery, retiring at the end of this term, and Charlie Melancon,
who
represents St. Bernard Parish, was elected with no opposition. Even
Bill
Jefferson voted against this bill, and he needs to gather more
brownie points
with Pelosi than with his electorate.

Personally, I am against the bail out, no matter what form it takes.
Too much
emphasis is placed on the value of the Dow Jones Industrial average.
Thirty
stocks, out of the thousands listed on both the NYSE and the NASDAQ,
are not
going to accurately reflect the current state of the market.

Does anyone really think that because of the failure of FannieMae or
FreddieMac
that ATT or GE are no longer good companies? What about Home Depot,
Microsoft,
Intel, McDonald's, Walt Disney? These companies are all still good
companies
and are not going to fold just because of failed mortgages.

The buyers and sellers on Wall Street all have a herd mentality. If
they see
their neighbor selling, they become afraid their neighbor knows
something they
don't know, so they start selling also. Next thing you know,
everything is
headed south and no one knows why.

If this bail out was so important that it had to be passed LAST
WEEK, as Bush
& Co. were stating, then how can the world possibly still be working
today?

It is just an attempt to have the government take more control of
our lives and
we need to fight it tooth and nail.

Westley