[StBernard] St. Bernard Tourism officials at EPCOT

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 17 22:05:06 EST 2009

Yes, the Tourist Commission is aware that Ray Lauga and others in parish
government are looking into the Bed and Breakfast code issue in Old Arabi.
Gidget knows more about it than I do currently but we feel this is a topic
that should be addressed. Gayle

Thank you Gayle

We should all be ambassadors for our community where ever we are.

Happened to travel to WDW with family in November and when asked, we
stated
we were from St Bernard Parish, LA. Some
people had heard of our community
and our rebuilding efforts -- not that they necessarily heard from
the
tourism group -- but it was more of a positive experience. Rather
than
being looked upon as katrina victims, the dialogue was about our
community's
growth.

Hope the tourism group has time for input into a suggestion to the
zoning
code. In this last Tuesday's meeting it was suggested to maybe have
seperate code for Bed and Breakfasts in Historic Areas. Being New
Orleans
most historic neighbor and having a rich history of our own, this
idea
should be explored.

Thanks again for you do.

SJK