[StBernard] St. Bernard Tourism officials at EPCOT

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 17 22:07:40 EST 2009

John, Our St B group was at Epcot for the first week -Sept 27th to Oct 4th
along with Orleans, Jefferson, and St. Tammy. I arrived that Wednesday and
came home on Sunday. Others had different travel plans but together we
covered the week. Surprise, we all paid our own way. We wore state issued
red shirts(the first was free and we paid for a second one) and white
aprons, khaki shorts or pants, straw hats with red bands, white tennis and
our state issued name tag with home parish along with our Disney I D. Our
umbrella was set up between the riverboat stage and the over sized LA food
items next to the French Quarter building where we worked the LA guest book
in shifts each day. If we could, we had someone go help at the French
Market area where they were selling masks, jewelry, cookbooks, ...our week.
Other areas worked weekly ending with the Baton Rouge area last and I have
no idea how many volunteers other areas could get but they would have looked
the same. One man from the state tourism office was there part of our week
but the women from NOMCVB who really ran everything were there all week.
Gayle Cazaubon Buckley

Hey Jer,

We were there for a week in October. We went to the Food and Wine
show
everyday and passed by the Louisiana exhibit. I didn't see anyone
from St.
Bernard either, but it's possible we passed by at
a time when they were not
around. I don't know if they were there for the entire time - the
show runs
for a month. Still, I think I get your point about how many people
do you need
to screw in a light bulb, especially if the exhibit was well staffed
by the
Louisiana state office of Tourism. But if everyone from St. Bernard
paid their
own way, then more power to 'em - but I would be surprised if they
all did.

John