[StBernard] Entergy Louisiana Opens Renovated Service Office in Chalmette

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 27 23:18:01 EDT 2009

Entergy Louisiana Opens Renovated Service Office in Chalmette

Building will house line workers for St. Bernard and Plaquemines parishes

Chalmette, La. - After working out of modular trailers since losing their
office building to Hurricane Katrina, the Entergy Louisiana, LLC line crews
that serve St. Bernard and Plaquemines parishes finally have a new office
building to call home.

The new Chalmette service center was unveiled as part of a grand opening
ceremony on Tuesday. The new facility will house the linemen and other
workers who help provide electricity to southeast Louisiana.

"Having this new office building will help us to better serve the people of
St. Bernard and Plaquemines parishes," said Renae Conley, president and
chief executive officer of Entergy Louisiana. . "We're proud to be a part of
the community and having this new service center demonstrates our commitment
to southeast Louisiana."

St. Bernard Parish President Craig P. Taffaro, Jr. recognized the importance
of the Entergy's commitment to the parish's growth and recovery and
presented a presidential proclamation to Ms. Conley at the ceremony.

"There have been a lot of partners in our growth and recovery since
Hurricane Katrina," President Taffaro said. We obviously have come a long
way, and we couldn't have done it without you."

Plaquemines President Billy Nungesser also congratulated Entergy at the
ceremony for its continued commitment to St. Bernard and Plaquemines.

The new 4,750 square-foot office building includes office space, a large
crew room, administrative areas, an auditorium and room for equipment
storage. The building will house approximately 20 employees who are
currently working from on-site modular trailers.

The new building is built on a raised foundation to reduce the risk of
damage from future storm surge and to help Entergy rapidly respond to future
storms. The building also features an energy-efficient design that includes
an efficient heating and cooling system, operating windows and an insulated
building exterior.

Plaquemines Parish president Billy Nungesser and St. Bernard Parish
president Craig Taffaro were on hand for the building opening and
dedication, as well as other local community leaders

Entergy's Louisiana utility companies serve more than one million customers
through the operating companies Entergy Louisiana, LLC and Entergy Gulf
States Louisiana, L.L.C. With operations in southern, central and
northeastern Louisiana, the companies are part of Entergy Corporation's
electric system serving 2.7 million customers in Louisiana, Arkansas,
Mississippi and Texas.

-30-