[StBernard] Fireworks ban challenged anew in St. Bernard Parish

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 3 08:50:19 EST 2009

"...we're in need of revenues, no matter how we get them,"
--- does this statement seem troublesome to anyone else? in need of
revenues, no matter.......... ?what? What type of signal does that send
(outside the fireworks question)?

IMO, economic development should be planned with safe, family-orientated
neighborhoods as a primary goal. That would include the appropriate
placement with adequate parking and protective buffers for any number of
businesses-- from retail, bars and restaurants to gaming (Off Track Betting)
to cement companies or hazardous industry.

Just my opinion, SJK