[StBernard] Slabs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu May 6 00:32:28 EDT 2010

Buried Slabs: Ref:
The slab's were painted pink.
4013 Evangeline Dr. was deficiently buried ~ my neighbor took
movies, also
still picture. They did send out another crew to clean up the mess
the first
crew made.

I guess they did clean it up. But did they clean it up per
environmental standards. Who knows.
This is a federal issue. Where were our parish inspectors to assure
that these out of state contractors are doing what they are supposed to do
and not short cut the process. As usual they bid jobs that they cannot do
for the bid price,.

Shame on our parish council and administration for this being
allowed to happen.

And Kudos to those interested residents that have the guts to
attempt to have things done correctly.

Hope the video's don't get leaked to the media. How awful.

It's apparent that we have ordinances in place with no one to
enforce them. I suppose it will be contributed to "budget" or lack of. But
we still pass more.

How many other short cuts have we all seen. Burying these pink
slabs, environmentally controlled cement is a huge incident. How many other
slabs painted pink have been buried that no one has noticed.

I'm regreting more and more wanting to stay here in the Parish.

jdolese