[StBernard] Obama's War On Louisiana

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 16 09:23:25 EDT 2010

It's becoming clearer – the Obama administration is waging war on Louisiana’s economy.

After months of indecision and lack of focus, the Obama administration has finally taken my advice and started treating the oil spill response like a war. Unfortunately, Obama is declaring war on Louisiana's economy.

Three significant actions from President Obama are indicative of a war. 1) His job-killing offshore moratorium - threatening 150,000 Louisiana jobs; 2) His irresponsible budget decisions that have led to Avondale shipyards closing - costing over 5,000 jobs; 3) Turning his back on Michoud, the new Constellation program and their highly–skilled Louisiana workers.

Join my fight for Louisiana families and Louisiana jobs. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=jrKQI3OGLaIRKfJ&s=jkJVJ6OMJgIULbMUKrE&m=7gKML3NCLgJOL5K>

I will not stop fighting the Obama administration and their job killing policies. Unfortunately, my opponent Charlie Melancon has taken a different tact. Rather than fighting the Obama Administration on these job losses, he recently gave Obama an A grade for his performance. Meanwhile, Melancon quit the two committees that could have prevented these economic engines from being shut down.

Rather than fighting for shipbuilding jobs, Melancon quit the House Budget Committee and decided not to fight against Obama’s budget decisions that led to Avondale’s closing.

And, until recently, Melancon was on the House Space Committee. Yet, rather than fighting Obama’s radical new direction for the space program that led to the cuts at Michoud, he gave up that committee too.

Yes, that’s right - Charlie Melancon QUIT both the House Budget Committee and the House Space Committees when Louisiana families needed him.

Do Charlie Melancon and Louisiana a favor and help him get out of Congress for good!! A small donation of $10 or more today will help us defeat the Melancon/Obama agenda. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=fnJILRMqF7JBIUK&s=jkJVJ6OMJgIULbMUKrE&m=7gKML3NCLgJOL5K>

During these tumultuous times for Louisiana's economy we need a fighter and a leader - not a quitter. I am that fighter and that leader. I’ll continue fighting for Louisiana families, for Louisiana jobs and against the war that Obama has declared on us.

It's an honor to represent you in the U.S. Senate and I look forward to continuing the fight for Louisiana.

Sincerely,

David Vitter