[StBernard] Grade A

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 30 23:36:55 EDT 2010

Dear Friends -

We just got some exciting news that the Cato Institute, a public policy
research organization devoted to the principles of individual liberty,
limited government, and free markets, reviewed the fiscal policies of
governors across the nation and Louisiana was just one of four states who
received an "A" grade.

In their report, Cato
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c256%7c9390&digest=mPD
QUG0QBDezu1KGi5tlZg&sysid=1> noted that we "repealed previous income tax
increases to save Louisiana residents more than $350 million a year,
provided modest business tax cuts and opposed efforts to raise taxes." They
also took notice of our efforts to "consistently propose reductions to the
state budget" and force government to live within in its means.

This is certainly good news for our state and another sign that we've made
incredible progress over the past couple years, but we've got more work to
do to ensure that Louisiana is the best place in the world to raise a family
and start a career.

Sincerely,
Governor Bobby Jindal