[StBernard] The St Bernard Voice WILL publish my editorial below - WOW -- The real story about Provident and St Bernard

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 15 08:27:57 EDT 2011

Unfortunately, the TP reference must be omitted due to legal implications
BUT at least it gets the WORD out that we are NOT AFRAID to speak out.

PS - I have decided to run for District A Council this election (Arabi to
approx Packenham). I feel so motivated not only by the apt complexes but
just the need for transparency and basically I am ONE OF THE PEOPLE so I
will definitely have no other interest but US. We have struggle too hard
both emotionally and financially to come home, we cannot give up.

Debby Lambert Rosenberger (also facebook) (I have some signs if anyone in
Dist A would like one)

Once again, the TP editorial staff and also writer Jarvis DuBarry carefully
choose to omit pertinent facts of the Provident housing issue in St. Bernard
Parish.

First of all, if Provident Realty is so concerned about providing "mixed
income" housing, then why did Provident abandon the project in 2008 when
the tax credits were no longer available. Where was their concern to provide
fair housing then? If Provident wants to stand for equal rights then why do
Provident executives live in exclusive neighborhoods where demographics show
a white population of over 96%?

This is the old story about greed and money, not race. Take a look at the
pieces of the puzzle.

The land was sold by the Meraux Foundation and also the Torres/Randazzo
family (quite a list of who's who in St. Bernard Parish) for prices that are
now in question.

Provident will gain over $50M in tax credits.

The federal court and HUD will defend any illegal permit or inspection
issues if Provident plays the race card.

So let's see. We have powerful people, tax credits and in case of emergency
- claims of racial discrimination to call in federal agencies. The federal
court becomes inflamed by such accusations and Provident no longer must
follow the same permit process and inspection rules as the average citizen
or business. Political families, Big Business and the Federal Government.

I don't think I could write a better movie script myself.

DEBBY ROSENBERGER
2513 JEAN LAFITTE PKWY
CHALMETTE LA 70043
504 494 1184 <tel:504%20494%201184>