[StBernard] Louisiana's 2012 Coastal Master Plan: Meeting July 28 in Chalmette

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 22 11:58:43 EDT 2011

Louisiana's 2012 Coastal Master Plan

Public Meetings to Be Held; First One to Be July 28 in Chalmette

The Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority (CPRA) has announced a
series of regional community meetings to share information about Louisiana's
2012 Coastal Master Plan. Over the next few months, we will be developing
the draft plan. Now is the time to come offer your ideas and learn about the
state's work. Join us as we make hard choices to secure our coast's future.

The events all will have an Open House at 5 p.m., and the meetings will
begin at 5:30 p.m. The first meeting will be Thursday, July 28 in the St.
Bernard Parish Council Chambers at 8201 W. Judge Perez Drive in Chalmette.

Here is the schedule of the subsequent meetings:

. Aug. 9: Larose Civic Center, 307 East 5th St., Larose, LA

. Aug. 10: Ward 7 Community Center, 5006 La. 56, Chauvin, LA

. Aug. 11: Morgan City Auditorium, 728 Myrtle St., Morgan City, LA

. Aug. 23: Abbeville Branch, Vermilion Parish Library, 405 E Saint
Victor St., Abbeville, LA

. Aug. 24: Belle Chasse Auditorium, 8398 Hwy. 23, Belle Chasse, LA

. Aug. 30: Slidell Branch, St Tammany Parish Public Library, 555
Robert Blvd., Slidell, LA

. Aug. 31: Lake Charles Civic Center, Contraband Room, 900 Lakeshore
Drive, Lake Charles, LA

. Sept. 1: Westbank Regional Public Library, 2751 Manhattan Blvd.,
Harvey, LA

Office of Coastal Protection and Restoration officials will be on hand at
each meeting to answer technical questions about the planning process and
plan development. For more information, visit www.coastalmasterplan.la.gov
<http://www.coastalmasterplan.la.gov> .

###