[StBernard] It's Not Realistic

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 22 14:17:40 EDT 2011

This week House Republicans in Washington, DC passed a bill requiring
spending cuts, spending caps, and a balanced budget. It shouldn't be that
big a deal; it should be what we expect. But undeterred as usual, liberal
Democrats in Washington are tripping over themselves to call it unrealistic
and a gimmick.

What? It's not realistic to cut government spending and balance our budget?

You know what's not realistic? I'll tell you.

It's not realistic to live in a fantasy world where the bill will never
come. It's like saying, "I can't be broke - I still have checks!"

It's not realistic to think we can keep spending 3 dollars for every 2 we
take in.

It's not realistic to believe that government spending will grow the
American economy.

It's not realistic to raise taxes in a recession.

It's not realistic to put the federal government in charge of our
healthcare.

So please, Washington, don't get me started on what is not realistic. There
is nothing about the way President Obama and the Democrats are running the
federal government that IS realistic.

Here in Louisiana we're not just being realistic, we're leading the way
forward with real conservative reforms to create new jobs and new
opportunities for our people. We balanced our budget. We streamlined
government. We eliminated burdensome business taxes that stifled our
economic growth. We let the people keep more of their hard-earned dollars
by eliminating the Stelly tax - and we enacted pro-growth reforms that are
already earning us accolades.

In fact, just recently, Louisiana turned up #1 on a good list to be on.
Southern Business & Development magazine ranked us the best state in the
South for economic development. We didn't finish in first by a squeaker
either. Louisiana scored nearly twice as high as the second place finisher,
and we did it by showing the job creators that Louisiana is the place to be
for new economic investment and expansion.

Louisiana is on the move to a brighter and more prosperous future and that's
not just realistic - it's real. So Washington, take notice (and notes). Or
in simpler terms, just get real.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal