[StBernard] Winn Dixie Foundation Awards $10, 000 to Community Center

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 16 08:41:09 EDT 2012

WINN-DIXIE Foundation Invests $10,000 in the Community Center of St Bernard

The Community Center of St Bernard announced today that it has
received a $10,000 grant from The Winn-Dixie Foundation. Funds will
be used to support the Mustard Seed Food Pantry at the Community Center, which assisted more than 4,300 low-income St Bernard residents during the past year.

“These funds will help enable the Mustard Seed Food Pantry to continue meeting the growing needs in the community,” said Iray Nabatoff, Executive Director of the Community Center. “We're grateful to the Winn-Dixie Foundation for its support at a time when the ongoing effects of hurricane Katrina, the Gulf Oil Spill and the national economic crisis are resulting in increased demands for the basic human services provided by the Community Center of St Bernard.”

“Winn Dixie is at the heart of the communities we serve,” said Mary Kellmanson, marketing group vice-president of Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc., and president of the Winn-Dixie Foundation. “We are pleased to partner with the Community Center of St Bernard as together we work to make our neighborhoods a better place. The Winn-Dixie Foundation has a long tradition of supporting the neighborhoods in which we work and live, and makes grants available to local nonprofit organizations to support programs and initiatives fostering healthy and thriving communities."

Mustard Seed Food Pantry hours are by appointment only, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 11 AM – 3 PM. For information about income limits and other requirements for enrollment in the Mustard Seed Food Pantry at the Community Center of St Bernard, please visit www.ccstb.org/mustardseed.