[StBernard] The DNC & Charlotte hospitality enigma

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 29 09:44:41 EDT 2012

Link please, just so we know where you got your info.

And I'll even throw in two of my links:

http://www.history.army.mil/html/faq/oaths.html

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/oathofenlist.htm

Both have the same information:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support
and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies,
foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the
same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States
and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations
and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US
Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with
amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the
Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do
solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution
of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will
bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation
freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I
will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am
about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

Here's the oath servicemen take upon entering military service.
Defending
the Constitution is really the only thing they are sworn to defend.
No
mentioning of following the president which I presume would come
under the
duties of the office they are undertaking - but no direct or
immediate oath
to the president. I am somewhat surprised that God is still in the
oath,
but give the liberals and Democrats time and I'm sure they'll
eventually get
it removed

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and
defend the
Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and
domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take