[StBernard] St. Bernard Sheriff's Office asks for higher property taxes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 5 07:56:04 EST 2013

A 5 mill increase would be considered a substantial increase, but 15???
Some of that stuff they legalized in California and Colorado must be getting
passed around the Sheriff's office. You are talking about the average home
in the parish being hit with about $150 a year more in taxes. Then the
school board will ask for more, then the parish government will ask for
more. Where does it stop? How's this for a suggestion: why don't we see if
the sheriff's office can get by on less since we can always come back in the
future and suggest a property tax increase. Because once we'll be stuck
with it forever.