[StBernard] Jindal Weekly Update

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 13 02:21:19 EDT 2013

Jindal Weekly Update
Governor Jindal finished his week with an exciting announcement that
Louisiana high school graduation rates have hit an all-time high. This
achievement has been accomplished through the hard work of our state's
students and educators, along with reforms which have increased
accountability and performance in the school system. Also, Governor Jindal
has continued to work this week with the Legislature to come up with a plan
to eliminate the state income tax. In his speech to the legislature on
Monday, Governor Jindal's call to eliminate the state income tax was met
with a standing ovation.

Here Is A Quick Recap Of The News About The Governor's Week:

The Times Picayune Reports
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1698%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=HTVnXnxIIMCvJRvYdlCkxg&sysid=1> On Governor Jindal Announcing
That Louisiana Achieved Its Highest Ever High School Graduation Rate In
2012.

* "Both Jindal And Education Superintendent John White Said The
Improvement Shows That The State's Efforts To Increase Accountability And
Performance Were Paying Off.
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1699%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=ZAMAFwROdRX64EoSo1tWDg&sysid=1> 'These reforms are working for
our students,' Jindal said in a statement. However, he said, 'We will not
stop working until every child in Louisiana has the opportunity to get both
a great education and the skills they need to be successful in the 21st
century workforce.'"

Watch This NBC Baton Rouge Coverage
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1690%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=%2bSymFHk5tqa4HC7K5EfrzA&sysid=1> Featuring Louisiana Students
Who Are Benefiting From Governor Jindal's Education Reforms. GOV. JINDAL:
"We have got fewer kids dropping out and potentially entering the juvenile
justice system. We have got fewer kids dropping out and becoming dependent
on government programs. We have got more kids who can get good paying jobs
to support themselves." REPORTER: "The graduation rate in the state has
improved drastically and along with state officials, high school students
see the improvements too." STUDENT CARLY HARRIS: "It makes me proud to be in
one of the districts with the highest graduation rates, because it shows how
much improvement and hard work we have done." . STUDENT KAYLYNN JOSEPH:
"Anything is possible, you just have to try hard enough."

* Watch The Video Here: www.youtube.com
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1691%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=VqCThEHHqtdB6KPDf9aGjw&sysid=1>

During His Annual Address To A Joint Session Of The Louisiana Legislature
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1692%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=9qjVT9x7dxbwjsQ%2bZ%2bfa4Q&sysid=1> , Governor Jindal Re-Affirmed
His Commitment To Eliminate Income Taxes In Louisiana. Governor Jindal told
the Legislature: "Let's work together. Let's pass a bill this session. Let's
get rid of the income tax once and for all. .Send me that bill." The
Governor's call for eliminating income taxes in Louisiana was met with a
standing ovation from the Legislature.

* Watch The Video Here: www.youtube.com
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1693%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=Vj3RX55yP5N2c3hlT%2bXWfQ&sysid=1>

Americans For Tax Reform's Grover Norquist
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1694%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=5uoXaxOjZUIV2Ke%2bTZQvUA&sysid=1> Appeared On Fox Business
Praising Governor Jindal And Said, "I Think You'll See The Income Tax Gone
This Year In Louisiana." GROVER NORQUIST: Actually what Governor Jindal's
done is he has written a plan to abolish the income tax, to shift some of it
over to sales taxes. And he just said to the legislature, here is my plan,
what is your plan to abolish the income tax? What he said was that he is
not wedded to his particular plan. He is still committed to abolishing the
state income tax as are the Governors of Kansas, and the legislative
leadership in North Carolina. This movement is moving forward. I think
you'll see the income tax gone this year in Louisiana."

Patrick Gleason Wrote In National Review
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1605%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=Tm4BqXzTDFMsIyziWXgsAw&sysid=1> That Governor Jindal And The
Louisiana Legislature Are Moving Forward With Plans To Eliminate The State
Income Tax. Despite heavy criticism from left-wing reporters and pundits,
Governor Jindal and Louisiana legislators are right to move forward with
their plans to eliminate the state income tax. . . . In fact, this strategic
shift by Jindal could very well make it more likely that income-tax relief
is signed into law in Louisiana this year.

The Advocate Reports
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1606%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=EEkZFLRQrHN6PQYNrMOK%2bw&sysid=1> On Governor Jindal's Strong
Support For Louisiana's Highly Successful TOPS Scholarship Program.

* Gov. Bobby Jindal said Thursday he would not sign legislation that
limited TOPS awards. The governor called TOPS a good investment for the
state.
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1607%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=Go7PgzA0jZupfn%2bnMZ7%2bcg&sysid=1> "I don't see any need to cap
TOPS," Jindal said. "I think the reality is, it leads to more kids studying
in Louisiana and more kids staying in the state. It leads to more kids going
to college and it leads to better retention and graduation rates."

<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c1608%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=VCpAvkeikEAUPlPGyAqFkg&sysid=1>