Talbert Pipes- Bad News - We cannot attend Cuxhaven

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Mon Jul 19 15:54:20 EDT 2004

I have to pass on the bad news that Emily and I won't be able to attend the
Cuxhaven show after all this year.  I had great hopes of being there, and
bringing a small selection of pipes by other US makers, but there's simply
no way we can attend after a sit-down lay-out of the expenses and time frame
remaining.  In short, we don't have the cash for the trip, we can't spare
the week of travel it would require (I was quite surprised to learn it was a
19 hour+ train ride), and since a family crisis has erupted in the states, I
think it would be a bad idea to try to juggle this too.  I hate not being
able to go, as I was really looking forward to the show and to getting to
meet a lot of people, but there's just no way we can handle the trip time
and expense this year.  I wanted to go ahead and announce this now since
there were a few US pipemakers sending some sample pipes over, and I wanted
to head this off before anything goes out the door.

Also, just FWIW, I know there will probably be some incoming emails offering
to front money in exchange for pipes and such, and I will certainly say
thanks for such kind offers, but it simply isn't something we can manage
now.

--
Happy smoking,
Trever Talbert