Talbert Pipes- Small site update

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Mon May 9 09:59:38 EDT 2005

Greetings to everyone on our mailing list!  I've just posted three new
Talbert Briar sandblasts to the catalog, for those poor folks like
myself who aren't able to attend the Chicago show this year but who
still want to see new pipes.  One of the new pipes is a bamboo-shanked
churchwarden, and of course one is green...
See them all here, at the top of the list:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/briarcatalogblasts.shtml
I was going to point out that we still had a few mortas left over from
our massive update last time, but this morning we sold two of them,
leaving only one Classic and one large Signature grade available.
Interested folks can take a look at the remaining pipes here:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/mortacatalogsmooth.shtml
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/mortacatalogblasts.shtml

In other news, we will be closing our retail shop shortly.  It never
came close to generating enough profit to cover its annoyance factor,
and I haven't been looking forward to another summer filled with bored
tourists ringing the bell to see this quaint little old-time business,
but never actually buying anything, of course.  I'll be selling off the
remaining stock in the shop and at the Paris show in September - there
isn't a lot of stuff outside of a few IMP meers, some Ropps and other
"wall" pipes, and a whole bunch of basket pipes (lots of filters and
butane too, but I'll probably keep those for myself).  We plan to use
the shop space for more working area.  My intention is to take down all
the signs and advertising, and set up a comfortable corner of the shop
with some nice chairs (thanks Larry!), a tobacco bar, and a small and
elegant display case for whatever pipes we have in stock at any given
time.  Since it will cease to be retail space and become part of our
home, we can serve drinks if we like, and thus we'll have a nice little
relaxation spot for those serious pipe people who actually visit looking
for pipes, and not tourist trinkets.  Visitors can relax and chat and
examine the available pipes in comfort, without the doorbell ringing
every five minutes.  We won't have opening hours, obviously, so please
telephone if you'd like to drop by.

This is going to have a few very good long-term effects-
*  A less-annoyed pipemaker, especially in tourist season
*  A LOT more working time freed up for us, which will mean more pipes
to select from.
*  More pipes to share with P&P in the US

I haven't decided yet exactly when we'll close it up - I suppose I'll
wait a bit and see if I can sell off the last of the wall pipes in the
shop first, or maybe post some group discount packages on the site,
we'll see.
I hope everyone has a great time at Chicago, and thanks very much for
your time!

http://www.talbertpipes.com