Talbert Pipes- Two new Talbert Briar bulldog blasts

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Fri Jul 21 10:42:29 EDT 2006

Hello to everyone on our mailing list!
I hope everyone is having an excellent summer. It's been quite warm
here, though not intolerable, and the sun is shining nearly every day -
which is really bizarre in Brittany. I am writing with the news that
I've just posted two new Talbert Briars, both sandblasted bulldogs, here:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/briarcatalogblasts.shtml

These are the first products of my rebuilt blasting cabinet and new
media, and I can certainly say they are the happiest sandblasts I've
made in a very long while indeed. I think the new media did a great
job, and the much-improved visibility and detailing capability was a
bonus. I will be writing a full article on my recent adventures with
the sandblaster on the blog shortly, as soon as I finish typing this.

Speaking of the blog, it seems from the poll that the great majority of
EU buyers would rather buy from me direct than from P&P, saving VAT but
facing potential customs fees. It is because of this that I'm posting
these two new pipes for direct sale. I suppose I will try to keep a few
pipes at least on our own site still, while sending the bulk of
production over to P&P.

Please note that these two new pipes ARE for sale to anyone, not just EU
buyers! But, US buyers just need to understand that shipping will be
slooow, and there isn't anything I can do about it unless someone wants
to plunk down $100 or more for FedEx shipping. Colissimo has never lost
a package on us, but their advertised "4-8 working days" transit time to
the US should read more like "4 working days to four weeks" to be
accurate. Of course, if these two sit around here unsold for a long
time, they'll probably eventually find their way to P&P anyway, which
would moot the issue.

Next projects - a morta classic for a request, and the last of the
FumeursdePipe sample pipes! Thanks very much for your time, and bonne
vacance!
http://www.talbertpipes.com

Visit my "American Pipemaker in Brittany" blog here:
http://www.talbertpipes.com/potm.html

See my "Pipe Pic of the Day" blog here:
http://www.talbertpipes.com/ppod.html