Talbert Pipes- New Talbert Yule is up, plus three new Fat Dwarves

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Sat Nov 30 22:27:10 EST 2013

Happy Holidays to all! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and got plenty to eat & drink. We spent a good chunk of this week visiting with friends and family, but now I'm back with more new stuff for the site. First up are three more new Ligne Bretagne Fat Dwarves:

We're still working off the pile of them that I drilled early in November, so look for at least one more update of them before we finish out this set. I'll also try to slip in some more varied shapes too, for a little holiday shopping variety.

The next bit of news is that the second of this year's Talbert Yule Pipes is now posted on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321264062536

It's a bit more exotic than the last one, with a curvier shank and stem arrangement while retaining the same basic shape. This one has a smooth silver band and a black German ebonite stem, instead of the twisted silver band/ivory stem combo last time. As before, the auction will run for three days starting today, so have a look and toss me some bids! We've got shopping to do here :D

Look for more frequent site updates for the next couple of weeks. Usually I try to space them out so as not to bother people with too many emails, but given the push of the holiday shopping season, I'm going to try to post pipes as soon as I finish them, so I hope there will be a semi-steady stream of new work going up.

Finally, there's one other thing I wanted to mention regarding our email list. In the course of talking with various people about our email notices, one interesting point has come up - The recurring email complaint I will get is, "I got your notice, went to your site, and everything was sold." In a recent instance, the fellow had attached the original email notice and commented that it arrived the day *after* the email notices were sent... Strange, I thought! Checking into it, I learned he'd set his email notices to arrive in "Digest" form instead of as "Individual Emails". Ergo, the mailbot was sitting on email notices and not dispatching them to him until later, sometimes a day or more. This led me to wonder how many others might be having the same problem! So, if you're having delays receiving our email notices, please double-check your email settings and make sure they're set to Individual Emails instead of Digest. That way, you'll get the notices the instant they go out, instead of after a delay. I hope this may help solve a few people's delayed-notice problems!

As always, thanks very much for your time and for your interest in our work, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.