Talbert Pipes- First Talbert Briar of 2016, and a new Blog post of the process

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Jan 28 21:41:42 EST 2016

Good evening (or morning), all!  I wouldn't normally write with an
update for just one pipe, but in this case it's a bit of a special
occasion... Not only is it the first Talbert Briar of 2016, but it
turned out to be a *very* high grade piece indeed, AND I ended up
writing an entire post on our Pipe Blog about the process of creating
it, and of how its various design elements fit together.

You can see (and purchase) the pipe here:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/talbert-catalog/1601t.shtml

You can read the new Pipe Blog post here:
http://talbertpipes.blogspot.com/2016/01/making-freehand.html

It's a long scroll, but it's pretty photo-heavy - I tried to
illustrate with pictures rather than words, for the most part.  The
background story should make an entertaining tale for whoever
eventually buys it, as well as giving them lots of visual
detail-spotting if they choose to try and line up all the relational
curves and arcs that I discuss in the post.

That's all for the moment.  Thankfully, we didn't get blasted by the
winter storm that's dumped snow over so much of the East Coast, so I
got to stay in the workshop working on this pipe and looking out the
windows at a very pleasant snowfall, instead of being out of
electricity and freezing.  Best wishes to everyone who's had a rough
time from the storm, and as always, thanks very much to everyone for
your time and for your interest in our work!