Talbert Pipes- And one more big Poker...

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Jun 23 16:31:09 EDT 2016

Good afternoon!  Sorry to be sending an email notice so soon after the last
one, but I've got a new LB Collector Poker ODA here and I wanted to go
ahead and get it on the site, since I'm currently working on some
commissions and I don't know when the next catalog update will be.  It
doesn't do any good to just have it sitting here for a week or two while
I'm working on Talbert Briar orders.  The new one is an oversized,
sandblasted straight Poker:

We've also still got that bamboo-shanked Dublin available, at least for the
moment.  I am very tempted to just quietly keep it for myself, and will
probably do so if it doesn't sell in the next few days - I've loved
bamboo-shanked pipes for 20 years, ever since I bought a 50's-era
bamboo-shanked Dunhill.  I know a lot of people don't like them, but for me
they just carry a look of exotic ports and adventures, the sort of thing
you'd find Bogart smoking in some tropical port bar somewhere on the
African coast.  Bamboo-shanked pipes seem to have gone out of style these
days, whereas the market was flooded with them in the early-to-mid 2000's.
I made this one as much for curiosity as anything, to see if there was
still demand for them... pretty much a test to see if I should make more or
not. The more I look at it, the more I want to keep it, though, as I
haven't had one of my own bamboo-shank pipes in my collection since 2001,
when I had to sell my only one to help pay for our France move.  Basically,
if you want to get it, get it soon!  :D

Otherwise, I hope everyone's having a great afternoon, and I'm totally
curious to see how the Brexit vote will turn out.  Thanks very much for
your time, and for your interest in our work!