Talbert Pipes- Old Sea Captain meets Goblin King

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Tue Jul 19 17:33:51 EDT 2016

Good afternoon all!  I hope everyone is having a nice mid-summer.  Only two
new pipes today, but what a pair... No one can ever say the Talbert
workshop lacks dynamic range after seeing these two together! First up is a
new Talbert Briar "Old Sea Captain"... essentially a gnarled, blasted
Halloween pipe in classical Dublin form. I really enjoy making Old Sea
Captains - There's a certain crazy joy in taking a conventional shape and
working it and blasting and twisting it until it looks like something that
should live on a ghost ship... (I've been on a real nautical theme lately
for some reason).  This one also incorporates a handcut stem made from my
wee tiny stock of 1930's-era swirled rod, bought in France, and decorated
with brass fittings and zebrano wood:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/talbert-catalog/1613t.shtml

Where the Talbert is a classic shape, its companion is a new Goblin that's
easily the wildest Goblin shape for this year... It's a dramatic beastie
ready to be the showpiece of any shelf! I have to admit, I got rather
carried away on it... My only defense is that it's mid-summer now, and I
can smell Autumn from here...

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/goblins-catalog/1608g.shtml

That's it for the moment.  Thanks very much for your time, and I hope
everyone is staying cool now that the seriously hot days are upon us.  As
always, thanks very much for your time and for your support!