Talbert Pipes- New Ligne Bretagne Classics to choose from, plus a limited-run bent bulldog

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Fri Sep 2 16:24:11 EDT 2016

Hello all!  I hope everyone's looking forward to a fun holiday weekend.
I'm writing with news that I've just added a couple of new Ligne Bretagne
Classics shapes to the catalog - One is a brand new finish and the other is
a limited run of 15 bent bulldogs, to finish out all the bowls we have in
this design.  Once they're gone, they're gone!  No more bent bulldogs in
Ligne Bretagne.  Have a look at the new pipes, and order yours here:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne.shtml#classics

Remember, these are made to order, but the limited run pipes are sold
first-come, first-served, and once they're all gone I'll take down their
catalog pages.  We've still got a couple of those long-stemmed Dublins left
too, for anyone wanting to grab something fun and wizardly now that Autumn
pipe season is upon us.

I'll be curious to hear what people think of the new short-stemmed
billiard, too.  I've been planning to introduce new finishes to LB Classics
all along, but I have to be more careful as any stain colors need to be
reliably replicable (at least as much as they can be, given briar's color
tone variance), and I try to avoid using the common over-the-counter
premixed Fiebing colors that I see on so many pipes on the market.  "Custom
yet repeatable" can be tricky!  The new finish is a two-toned, contrast
finish for a deep reddish brown look with light highlights.  I'm thinking
of offering it as an option on some of the previous black-finished LB
Classics, so let me know if anyone is interested in this as an option.

That's all for now.  Thanks very much for your time and your interest, and
I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

​