Talbert Pipes- Another late night update

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Tue Feb 6 23:00:25 EST 2018

Hello, folks!  Sorry to be sending out another late night update, but I've
been trying to get these pipes up for the past two days and just kept
getting dragged off-task, and I really wanted to get them posted.  There
are three new Ligne Bretagnes - One sandblasted Acorn bent, from the
standard line, and two handmade Collectors.  You can see them here:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/bretagne.shtml

Those Collectors are something new - I wanted to try my hand at a genuinely
premium rustication.  Not a kludge to move lower end pipes nor a simple
"Rough it up and sell it cheap" tactic, but rather really sitting down and
enjoying myself and putting some SERIOUS time into each finish (The finish
texture carving alone took an entire afternoon's work on each pipe - not
including the shaping).  The result, I hope, is something new and quite
dramatic and distinct. People will know they came from our shop, at least!
Whether I do more like this is entirely in the hands of the market, and
whether these first two sell or not... but I certainly hope they do, as I
had an absolute blast carving each despite the fact that each one left me
with a sore wrist and elbow for a day afterward.  Very hard, very old briar
+ extra deep carving = Good exercise.

That's all for the moment, but as always, thank you very much for your time
and for your interest in our work!