Talbert Pipes- New Talbert Briar (Finally!) and a new LB

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Sun May 5 22:48:09 EDT 2019

 Hello!  I hope everyone who attended the Chicago show had a good time, and
that those like me who didn't, don't resent the ones who went :D  Me, I've
been at home working, finishing up a new Signature grade Talbert Briar.  I
wanted to start doing a lot more Talbert Briars this year but I never
expected the crazy popularity of our new Ligne Bretagne rustication, and
we've ended up doing so many of those over the last couple months that
everything else got pushed aside.  But, after we sent off a box of them to
Chicago we got a small breather, and I was able to finish this new
Talbert.  It's a serpentine freehand that I think ranks well among my work,
with a sinuous shape and some subtly beautiful ring-grain sandblasting.
You can check it out here:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/talbert.shtml

It makes a really interesting example of design and styling evolution there
in the catalog next to one of the first pipes I made, from 22 years ago.
Folks who enjoy seeing process pics of various pipes can find photos of
this new Talbert posted on our Instagram page, going right back to when it
was a rough-cut block:

https://www.instagram.com/talbertpipes/

I've also posted a new Ligne Bretagne, a beautiful "golden glow" smooth
that some of you have already seen on our Instagram page.  It was a
pleasant unexpected surprise amidst all the rusticated pipes lately.  Check
it out here:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/bretagne.shtml

That's all for the moment.  To those of you heading home from Chicago,
travel safe!  As always, thanks very much for your time and your interest
in our work!