Talbert Pipes- New Talbert Briar Nautilus Finish

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Tue May 14 16:05:45 EDT 2019

 Hello all!  Normally I wouldn't send another email notice so quick after
the last one, but I just posted something a little special and wanted to go
ahead and get it "announced".  For the past few months, our new
"crosshatch" rustication finish on our Ligne Bretagnes has been extremely
popular, and I've been eager to develop an upgraded version of it for our
Talbert Briars.  The question was, where to take it, creatively speaking,
and my conclusion was to start working it into a fusion finish done partly
from that rustication style and partly from sandblasting, in order to
create a look that combines the dramatic sweep and lines of the rustication
with the natural flow of the briar grain.  I'm calling this the Nautilus
finish and the first example for sale is this new Signature grade freehand
posted in the catalog now.  You can see it here:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/talbert.shtml

I'll be curious to see how it's received, as of course the iron test for
any future pipes done with this finish is that the first ones must sell.
It's a terribly slow process to create, with multiple stages of carving,
then blasting, then carving, repeat... In the time it took to do *just* the
finish on this pipe (meaning - not including drilling, shaping, stemwork,
etc), I could have finished three of the rusticated Ligne Bretagnes!  So,
even if it does prove popular, this isn't a finish that's going to be
turned out at 20 pipes a month... or even 5, most likely.  I'm hoping it
will be a hit, though, because I do personally love the look of it.  It's
not like anything I've seen before, and that always makes me happy.  Take a
look at the catalog page photos and see what you think!

As always, thanks very much for your time and for your interest in our work!