Talbert Pipes- New pipes and even a video

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Fri May 31 21:38:53 EDT 2019

Hello all!  I hope everyone has survived this wild and wacky spring season
OK - We just had a tornado alert here, of all things!  Spent the evening
having dinner at the mall with our car parked in the concrete parking
garage there to avoid the "ping-pong ball sized hail" that was being
reported.  But I'm back now, and have a new site update for all you folks
on our email list.  First up is a new Talbert Briar.  I've made a few more
exotic shapes this year but I was wanting to do something more classical,
and something that I could play with the finish on.  The result is this,
with a finish that's a fusion of our new rustication technique and
sandblasting, to create a uniguely textured surface that looks like no
other pipe.  The crosscut grain is vividly marked along its natural grain
flow, and the bird's-eye is a "Must see" result which looks better in the
hand than in the photos.  Check it out here:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/talbert-catalog/1904tb.shtml

The pipe is nicely set off with a 1930's-era green & teal cumberland
handcut stem - Something else you won't find anywhere else!

Also posted today are two new rusticated Ligne Bretagnes done in our new
"crosshatch" finish.  You can check them out here:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/bretagne.shtml

There's one longstemmed billiard and one stubby short-stemmed saddle, so
they make a nice contrasting pair.

Finally, wow, this was a very pleasant surprise!  Popular, respected, and
damn near legendary pipe guy Mike Glukler somehow got it into his head to
make a video about our new rustication process, and it's incredibly
flattering.  If you want to watch a few minutes of Mike talking about our
new finish, check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puwv7MVwXGs

That's it for the moment.  As always, thanks very much for your time and
for your interest in our work!